Rental for Public Events
The Liberty Prairie Foundation is committed to civic engagement, and occasionally makes the Byron Colby Barn available at a discounted rate to organizations holding public events aligned with our impact areas and/or the Prairie Crossing Guiding Principles.
In general, the Byron Colby Barn is available for discounted rental Monday – Thursday evenings, and Sunday afternoons November – March. Availability is limited, and requests are reviewed on a rolling basis. Proposals for discounted rentals will be considered no earlier than 6 weeks in advance of the requested date. Please check the Barn’s availability prior to submitting your proposal.
This process is for public events only – click here for information about renting the Byron Colby Barn for your private event.
For your public event to be considered for a discounted rate, contact us with brief answers to the following questions:
- Name, website, mission, and profit/non-profit status of the organization
- Contact person’s email and phone number
- Type of event
- Preferred dates/times
- Will this event be open to the public?
- How is this proposed event aligned with the Liberty Prairie Foundation’s impact areas and/or Prairie Crossing Guiding Principles?
- Will admission be charged? If so, do you have staff/volunteer capacity to collect admission?
- How will you market this event? Please include all distribution channels that you will utilize (Facebook, website(s), etc.).
- How many people do you expect to attend?
- Will food and/or alcohol be served?
Proposals will be considered on a rolling basis, and you will be notified of our decision within 2 weeks. If your proposal is approved, the Foundation will supplement your marketing efforts which may include listing your event on our webpage and/or email newsletter(s), and/or sharing your Facebook posts. The event organizer is responsible for organizing, running, and marketing the event.
If a discounted rental is provided for your event, please include the Liberty Prairie Foundation as an event sponsor and a link to www.libertyprairie.org. We also ask that you acknowledge the support of the Liberty Prairie Foundation during your event.